Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kid at Heart: Cupcakes and Cartwheels Quick Change Watch

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not much of a watch girl. Cellphone? Sure. iPod? Why not. But as far as timepieces are concerned, I just never felt a tremendous need for the old fashioned watch. Until, that is, I discovered the completely adorable Quick change watch from Cartwheels and Cupcakes. It makes a great gift for the 8-12 year old girl set (it even comes in a cute-as-pie pink gift case that makes wrapping paper totally unnecessary), but I think it makes a wonderful gift for grown ups in search of a time piece with a little pizazz. The watch comes with eleven grosgrain ribbons that you can switch out to match your outfit or your mood. I'm particularly fond of the red ribbon with white polka dots--Like something Minnie Mouse would wear! And the ribbons themselves remind me of preppy canvas belts we were all rocking back in the '90s. Very retro.

No comments: