Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What Rachel Wants to Buy This Week - Episode 17

This week is all about creativity for me--I've got the art-and-writing bug lately, and my shopping desires show it!

Reused News Colored Pencils by International Arrivals
$8.95
Located downstairs in the Art Room

It's hard to find colored pencils that are unique--I mean, a pencil is a pencil, right? Wrong! This set of 12 pencils includes the basic primary colors, including a white pencil (great for blending!), but what makes them unique is their construction. As the name suggests, they're made of recycled Japanese newspaper, which makes them automatically cooler in my book. They come in a recycled cardboard package, too, so the whole kit and caboodle is very Earth-friendly!

Lap Desk by Room it Up
$29.95
Located downstairs in the Chapter Book Room

When you live in an apartment, you don't always have room for a desk--I'm not in school anymore, so I forfeited desk space when I moved to the place I'm in now. That means I'm always looking for something to lean on as I sit in bed or sprawl on the couch to draw. This lap desk is a perfect solution! It's colorful, the lap part is fuzzy and soft, and there's a cupholder in the corner that's just perfect for a soda to drink or a cup of water to wash paintbrushes in. The lap pillow is a beanbag, so the filling will conform to any lap or surface you want to put it on, and the top is light but sturdy plastic. All in all, it's a great tool for anyone who likes to lounge while working.

See you next time for another episode!

No comments: