Friday, July 17, 2009

This is why I really want to be a reviewer.

How has the world not yet imploded from sheer awesome?

My favorite thing about this moment -- aside from the fact that it actually happened -- is that both Roger Sutton and Neil Gaiman blogged about it and ALA from their unique perspectives. I may joke about playing Six Degrees of Neil Gaiman, but really, he knows a ridiculous number of ridiculously cool people -- i.e., Roger Sutton. I'm almost as much in love with his social circle as much as his brilliant brain. Can you imagine at dinner party at Chez Gaiman? "Amanda [Palmer], could you pass the salt? Dave [McKean], I think you dropped your napkin." Oh, to be able to say you just had coffee with Poppy Z. Brite or Jill Thompson or Tori Amos. I'm not sure who is the more appropriate target for my envy: Neil for having an amazing entourage or his entourage for having an amazing Neil.

At any rate, I am viridian with envy of somebody, and ants-in-the-pants level impatient with waiting for the new issue of The Horn Book, containing many things Gaiman, to arrive at the George. When it finally gets here, I'll be sure to let you know!

No comments: