Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hip, hip, hooray!

We're thrilled to let you know that The House in the Night, winner of this year's Caldecott Medal for best illustration, is back in stock! The House in the Night, like many of the other YALSA winners (ahem, The Graveyard Book) and other favorites like Wabi Sabi and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw, has proven such a hit that we just can't keep it on the shelf, and the publisher can't keep it in print! Luckily, another print run has just come in, so make sure to pick up your copy now.

Written by Susan Marie Swanson and illustrated in luminous black, white, and marigold etchings by Beth Krommes, this lyrical story has the warmth and reassurance to soothe fussy sleepers on even the darkest of nights.The House in the Night, like its predecessor Goodnight Moon, will become a beloved part of your bedtime ritual.

3 comments:

Seedplanter said...

Stopping by to leave a hug, after seeing a Twitter mention of your wonderful store by Susan Marie. Am adding your blog as a follow. Will be back...I'm off to spoil grandkids this morning.

Ms Angela said...

Ditto for me, I came over via Susan Marie on Twitter! But I'm making a note of your store because my son lives in Boston, and Harvard Square is one of his favorite places to hang out. Next time I visit, I'll be sure to stop and spend a couple of hours in your store, since I LOVE reading (and buying) books!

And I'm jealous of Seedplanter--I don't get to see my grandson until my birthday, March 27th. I LOVE my grandson and being a grandma!

Rachel (a-big-apple) said...

Aww, thanks for the hugs! We'll look forward to seeing you in the Square. :)