Saturday, August 22, 2009

What Rachel Wants to Buy This Week - Episode 19

You know, every time I write one of these posts, I wonder if I'll ever run out of cool new stuff to want--but I think it's impossible. There's always something exciting! So here are two more awesome items that I want to buy.

Fun Mechanics Kit: Tin Can Robot by Toysmith
Ages 8 and up
$18.95
Located downstairs in the Chapter Book Room

Science has never been my strong point, but even I get excited about robots! If you're like me and wouldn't have the slightest idea how to build a robot from scratch, this kit is a perfect solution. We have a few different kinds of robots in stock, but I like this one best because it's a fun way to recycle a tin can. I can just imagine the uproar if I sent a Cherry Coke Zero robot after my wary and generally disapproving pet rabbit. I can't wait to try it!

Also John (our shipping room guy/Renaissance man) just alerted me to a similar kit that I hadn't noticed--the Windmill Generator. This kit makes good re-use of a plastic bottle, and building it is an awesome way to learn about renewable energy. Now if I could just rig it up to charge my iPod for me...

Russian Dolls Nesting Bags by Two's Company Cupcakes and Cartwheels
$28.95
Located hanging around the Hut

The only thing that could be better than nesting dolls is a set of nesting doll bags. Three sweet, vivid doll-shaped zipper bags are plastic-covered to keep them from getting dirty, and fit one inside the other for easy storage. They'd make perfect travel companions, easy to find in the depths of a bottomless bag--the biggest one even has a removable wrist strap for easy carrying, and it could be clipped onto the zippers of either of the smaller bags too, or onto all three together to keep them from getting separated while you're in transit. I'm so smitten with them that I got a set for my mother for her birthday, and now I need one of my own, because they're just TOO CUTE!

Ahh, another week blogged, and ever so slowly the terrible heat of August is waning. See you next time!

No comments: