Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hot-off-the-press kid reviews

Just after I remarked to Hannah that our Kid Review board is equal parts series reviews (Twilight, The Lightning Thief, Harry Potter, Wimpy Kid) and "other stuff" reviews, we got a slew of fresh ones. Are kids missing book reports while they're on vacation? While those V.I.B.s are still heavily represented, The Wizard of Oz got reviewed twice in the last 24 hours -- not bad for a book in its 110th year! Voracious 7-year-old reader Piper wrote not one, but four reviews of her favorites. Here are some brand-new book recommendations from our young readers:

Title: The Wizard of Oz
Author: L. Frank Baum
Reviewed by: Jonah
Rating: 5 bananas
“It was an adventure with all those characters.”


Title: The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Author: Roald Dahl
Reviewed by: Sophie
Rating: 5 bananas
“I thought it was an interesting book full of adventure!"


Title: The Titan’s Curse
Author: Rick Riordan
Reviewed by: Olivia
Rating: 5 bananas
“I love this book. I could read the whole series over and over. I always cry when ZoĆ« Nightshade dies. This book is AMAZING!!”


Title: Ivy + Bean
Author: Annie Barrows
Reviewed by: Piper
Rating: 5 bananas
“It was a fantastic book. Everyone had great personality. I always can't wait for the next book to come out.”


Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Author: Jeff Kinney
Reviewed by: Sam
Rating: 5 bananas
“I liked Manny! He was so funny! Especially when he got every present for Christmas.”


Title: Nancy Drew series
Author: Carolyn Keene
Reviewed by: Piper
Rating: 5 bananas
“It is the best book ever. Everyone should read it.”


Title: Harry Potter series
Author: J.K. Rowling
Reviewed by: Julia
Rating: 5 bananas
“I loved Harry Potter because I think it is very creative and I love all the adventures Harry goes on and how magic is involved. I give it 5 bananas!”

No comments: