Saturday, May 1, 2010

And the publishing houses said, let there be lookalikes...

...Because booksellers need something to amuse themselves with. I like to think of it more as a test of memory, beyond the usual "I remember this book from my childhood about a pig named Horace, or maybe Norace, who..." request. We do love those games, and especially the excited customer response upon finding that special remembered book, but there's certainly something special about finding a lookalike.

Deb Caletti's new teen novel, The Six Rules of Maybe may look familiar...

..Because you saw that puffy vest and boardwalk on a paperback edition of:


You Shouldn't Have to Say Goodbye by Patricia Hermes.

Now that's enough internet s(m)urfing for this blogger, I hope you all go out and enjoy this lovely, lovely May Day weather - And wear sunscreen while you do it (My mum raised me well!).

Don't forget to swing by Harvard Square tomorrow for the annual Mayfair - dancing, music, great food, kids' train rides, and hot air balloon rides!

1 comment:

Katie said...

We should do a red carpet-style "who wore it better?" throwdown. :)